Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The law is love

I’m in a place where I can feel the slightest shift in my emotional circuitry, and I am delighted to be here. Four weeks ago I went inside to find myself a new mission – words that express how it is that I want to live my life, emotionally speaking.

What came up was: “I am love that affirms and heals in service to myself, all creatures and the divine,” which was perfect for where I am in my journey. It’s so simple but so powerful -- by viewing myself as love itself, I have become an infinite wellspring of affirmation and healing.

The more I give this love, the more I have to give and the more I receive in return. I see it and I feel it very clearly all around me. I see it in my children’s eyes. I feel it in their ability to hug me. I feel it in my lover’s caress. I hear it in my words and see it in my worldly deeds. I hear it on the radio:

Love can suffer hardship
Love is tough and kind
Love is never envious
And never dreams that it can fail.
Paul Kelly | The Law is Love.

I have attended two MKP New Warrior Training Adventure weekends over the past three weeks that reaffirmed my belief in the unique power of men’s capacity to transform and heal each other. This source of this work began 20 years ago when three men ran a weekend experience for men that is now known as the ‘New Warrior Training Adventure’.

Three weeks ago I met one of these men – Rich Tosi – and found him to be the embodiment of this life-changing work. With my newly-minted mission of love still settling within me, I listened as Tosi described the work of the Mankind Project and the NWTA weekend. “This work is, on the face of it, blindingly simple,” Tosi said. “If I can learn to love myself I am empowered to share that love with others in my life. And by sharing my love with others I have found that I receive it back one-hundred fold.”

Man, how I love this work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home